Monday, December 7, 2009

Introducing San Diego Grass Roots Giving

I had a conversation with my wife and our friend Wayne last night about collecting donated blankets/sleeping bags and hand delivering them to the homeless downtown.

As it turns out Wayne has a strong desire to give back to those in need. Wayne really like the idea, as did my wife Lynn.

So today I created a new meetup on meetup.com called "San Diego Grass Roots Giving".

It is not about religion, it is about answering cries for help. This is a completely non-denominational, non-religious effort. Member of the meetup will be called "givers". Givers can be deeply religious or atheists.

Need knows no religion.

The first meetup is scheduled for January 3rd at noon at our apartment clubhouse.

I have titled it "Operation Warm Winter".

In the meantime, I am hoping to recruit some more "givers" to the meetup group so we can grow our little charity efforts.

The meetup page is:

http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Grass-Roots-Giving


Within 1 hour of posting the Craig's list ad we got a response. A lady has two blankets to donate.

I am working with her a time and place to pick up the blankets.

This is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment